Our first warm meal

Cabbage and carrots Manja

The cabbage was as big as a football and looked like it had been kicked around the field for 90 minutes. There was no plastic packaging, no label, no health warning or dietary information. It didn't need to say that it was organic. Just cabbage. I peeled the first leaf off. Underneath it looked fresh. Cut a few slices and tasted a bit. Wow! it was so sweet. Subtle in taste and fresh as a fruit. I ate half of it and put the other half in the pot.

The carrots looked like they had actually lived in the ground. Not the nice shinny supermarket ones from plastic wrapped blightey. They had a nutty taste and were sweet too! I ate a few while I was preparing dinner. And I was still hungry for the manja. Too good to miss! The taste of the vegetables blended together. Mmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment